The Dallas Morning News’ Watchdog, Dave Lieber provides some great tips on choosing the best electricity plan in Texas. If you’re like us (before we started Energy Simply) you’ve been frustrated and maybe even confused by which plan is the best for you. The Watchdog offers these helpful tips (paraphrased):
1. Legacy Providers Don’t Offer an Advantage.
2. Switching is good!
3. By doing your homework you can save hundreds of dollars.
4. Know your current contract’s terms.
5. Decide between fixed rate or variable.
6. Conduct thorough search using powertochoose.org.
7. Fill out all the information and checkboxes to see what plan might be best for you.
8. Study the results: terms of service, facts sheet, signup and special terms
9. Background check the plan that looks like the best for you: Make sure they don’t have any major consumer complaints.
10. Read the contract.
So, while this list is very helpful, it looks like it could take as much time and effort as filing your taxes. Look, there is a reason people hire accountants! You could follow the steps very helpfully outlined by the Watchdog…or, for $5 bucks a month you can hire us to do it for you.
We guarantee we’ll keep you in the cheapest or cheapest 100% renewable electricity plan always…and you’ll never have to worry about it again.